Wednesday, August 19, 2009


Today was a less-than-stellar day. It started out really well with an early morning ashtanga class, but it was pretty much downhill from there.

Work wasn't great, for reasons that I won't get into, and I really was not a happy camper. One good thing that I can take away from this day is that I managed to maintain my composure even when things were really tough. 

I'm usually the type of person who cries if you look at me the wrong way. I've definitely had my days where I ended up in the bathroom taking a tearful break. It's nice to know that I'm (hopefully) changing for the better and getting a firmer grip on my emotions. Sometimes it seems like I'm a non-stop feelings machine.

On a completely different note, for anyone who might be reading this AND living in Toronto AND wanting to take a fabulous class tomorrow (Thursday, August 20th), an amazing teacher by the name of Charlene Yeh will be doing a class at the Roots Yoga Studio (1073 Yonge Street). She comes highly recommended by a teacher that I really trust, and friends of mine who have taken her class say that it's amazing. She's a music student in Paris during the school year and incorporates a lot of music and singing in her classes, and the last one she taught at the Roots studio also involved chakra work. I'm excited!

Today's picture is one I took of a sunrise in the Annapolis Valley. It was pretty. It makes me happy.


2 comments:

Eco Yogini said...

oh.. ugh i have HAD those days. :( Hopefully today (thursday) will be better! I can also relate with the emotions part- I'm getting better at handling mine compared to when I was 20 :)

what a beautiful picture!

Annabellie said...

Aw thank you. It was better! Handling my emotions is definitely a challenge for me sometimes, but I think I'm slowly improving. I've heard of people who are super-tasters - sometimes I think I'm a super-feeler. It seems like everything I feel is magnified like 20 times. Weird!