Friday, August 14, 2009

Some days are better than others...

It was tough to drag myself to class today. There were a few factors at play - I did a ten hour day at work, I was exhausted because I didn't sleep well last night, it was 30 degrees and beautifully sunny outside. None of these things made me want to shut myself up in a sticky, sweaty studio for an hour and fifteen minutes.

Of course, in the end I was glad that I'd gone. It was a karma class, so I wasn't sure what the pace would be like, but it ended up being fairly gentle. This was exactly what I needed. Last week's karma class was pretty tough, but this week the teacher went easy on us due to the heat (and a few beginners in the class).

My boyfriend (technically fiancé, but I hate that word) and I went out for a late dinner after class, and everything was going well until our walk home. We were talking about our upcoming honeymoon, and the destination that we picked will involve an airplane ride. I hate airplanes. I know it's silly but, seriously, I hate them so much. They make me cry. I hate that talking about something like my honeymoon, which should be a lovely subject, brings me to tears. I think that conversation probably spoiled any good work done by the yoga class.

Then I came home and watched this:



Seriously, how can you not watch that and smile?

No comments: