Monday, August 17, 2009

Kula Shaker Part Deux


I did end up going back, of course. I really enjoyed this class as well. I'm not sure who the teacher was - on the website it says it was supposed to be Christi-an, but after looking at her picture I realized that it must have been a sub. Unfortunately, I didn't catch her name. 

Now for the exciting part - for the second time today, I got to do crow! And I held for even longer this time! I know!!!

Then I came home and demonstrated for my boyfriend, and made him take the picture above. I know it's not perfect, and in a real crow your legs aren't touching your arms, but still - it's a start. 

Project Halifax continues. I'm seriously sticking with it and being friendly with as many strangers as possible. Last night I ended up having a nice conversation with my cashier at Sobey's. It started with me asking her how she was doing, and ended with her telling me about the horrible summer cold she's been fighting and the antibiotics she ended up having to take. 

I know it sounds silly, and it's just one little interaction, but it still makes me happy. I feel like it's one extra little piece of humanity added to life in the big city. 

Today I saw a woman at the corner of Bay and Cumberland, right in the middle Yorkville, feeding pigeons. She had a plastic bag full of birdseed and she was scooping it out and throwing it all over an island in the middle of the street. Pigeons came from everywhere, but she didn't even look up. She just kept serenely scattering seeds. It was beautiful.

2 comments:

Eco Yogini said...

What a fun blog!!! I LOVE project Halifax, Andrew and I totally needed something like that while we lived in BC for two years. Sigh- how I can relate with missing "home". But then- now that I'm back (after being away for 8 years) I miss parts of the places I'd been! lol.

ps- what a fantastic crow!!!! YAY!!! :) can't wait to read more- maybe you need a little cool bloggy-banner dealy for your "project Halifax" :)

Annabellie said...

Aww thank you! I really love your blog as well. And yeah - I am SO excited about the crow! It's totally ridiculous.

What kind of banner dealy could I make? I'm new to blogging, but am totally intrigued! If you have something neat in mind, let me know!