Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A little bit of the east coast in Ontario...


Lately I've been really homesick for Halifax. I miss how friendly the people are, I miss the music, I miss the trees, I miss the ocean, I miss the laid-back pace of life. So what I've been trying to do is bring a little bit of Halifax here to Toronto.

Today I:

- Smiled at everyone I saw on the street
- Had a conversation with a woman and her adorable young daughter on the subway
- Complimented a stranger on her gorgeous jade necklace
- Made my bus driver laugh
- Brought flowers with me to my ashtanga class to brighten up the studio
- Stopped to thank a fireman who was sitting outside of the local fire station (we recently had quite a bad fire in our building - one of my neighbour's apartments was completely gutted - and I've been meaning to thank the firemen for saving the rest of the building)

I suppose that it's not very good karma to list every good thing that you've done, but I wanted to make this list so that later, when I'm feeling like I don't do anything good or make any kind of contribution to the world, I read it and remember the random little acts of kindness that I've done. In fact, I'm going to try to list one Halifax-esque thing that I do every day.

The picture for this post is one that I took of the gorgeous St. Mary's Basilica last time I was in Halifax. Enjoy!

No comments: