Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Work, etc.

Work is a bit of a challenge right now. I have four days left until I leave, and I'm having a hard time balancing the fact that I want to keep working hard up until my last day and don't want to slack off just because I've quit, and the fact that I need to reign myself in and let others do the work, because I won't be there next week and they need to be able to run things without me.

It's especially hard because as a manager, I definitely have room for improvement in my training skills. Don't get me wrong, I'm not awful or anything, but I do tend to be of the "let me do it, it will get done faster" mindset, which is less than great when you're actually supposed to be teaching people how to do things.

It's also super weird for me that I won't be a manager at my new job. Hopefully I'm not too accustomed to being large and in charge!

Other than my work issues, today was pretty good. I got up early and went to class, and it was fantastic. The girl at the bakery where I get my coffee gave me a free croissant. One of my regular customers brought her adorable dog into the store for a little play-date today. I went out to dinner at a vegetarian buffet restaurant with a friend and ate way too much deliciousness.

Things are good, they really are. I just wish that I could stop feeling like I'm about to burst into tears.

No comments: