Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I guess my saying that I was back was perhaps a touch preemptive. Things have been so crazy since we came home. First, it was settling back in to our apartment, which was a giant mess because we had people staying here before the wedding and we didn't have the chance to do anything before we left. Then, two days after we came home, our power went out, and stayed out for three days. Apparently a transformer in our basement broke down or something? This is what they mean when they tell you an old building has "character".

The next big thing that happened was that I was offered another job. It wasn't something that I went looking for, but the hours and the pay were good, so I accepted it. I've been with the same company for four years now, and it was SO HARD to give my notice on Monday. I won't go into detail, but I can tell you that tears have been shed on more than one occasion over the past few days.

So, where does that leave me? In a bit of a crazy head space, that's where. I don't deal very well with change, so I am already feeling very anxious about this. Also, I've totally let my home practice slip since the wedding. It was easy to get up early and practice when it was warm and bright in the mornings, but now I want to stay in bed as long as possible. I know, I know, I just need to suck it up and not be such a baby!

So now tell me something neat or interesting or even mundane that's happened in your lives since I last posted.

3 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

I love your blog. Thanks for the kind words about mine. I hope to hear more from you. xx

Eco Yogini said...

wow sounds like you had a busy busy time!! Congrats on the new job!!! very exciting :)

i think you're right about the gift thing- i have a funny feeling that even if we ask people to donate, or parents will tell people we want money... we will still get gifts... hmm.

Annabellie said...

Kaitlyn: Aww thanks. And you will definitely hear more from me!

Eco Yogini: One thing I realized is that a wedding is as much about making your friends and family happy as it is about making yourself happy. People will want to give gifts, and unfortunately there's not much that can be done about it. That being said, my wedding was an incredibly fun and happy day, even if I had to compromise on a few things. Everything went wonderfully, and I wouldn't change a thing, even if I could.

Also, I forgot to mention that your venue is gorgeous! Your celebration is going to be absolutely beautiful.