Monday, November 16, 2009

Mid-November complaints

Saturday I had a wonderful practice. It was a really tough class, but I flew through it. My body was so light that I felt like I could have gone on for hours. I felt all lovely and floaty for the rest of the afternoon.

Yesterday, though, was a different story. I'm always amazed at how much my practice can change from day to day. Yesterday everything felt like a challenge - downward dog was uncomfortable, balancing postures were difficult, inversions gave me a headache. I left the class feeling like I hadn't gotten anything out of it - not because of the teacher, but because of my own reluctant body.

Today I just feel sad and lazy, which seems like a dangerous combination. It's partly the weather, and partly stress that's happening in my personal life, and partly being frustrated with myself for the way I feel. When I hear myself talking, I sound like a non-stop complaining machine.

My teacher on Saturday played this song during class:


It almost made me cry for some reason.

2 comments:

Eco Yogini said...

yep, can totally relate. i always cry at random times (ok i almost cry and then i make myself think of something ridiculous.... like an old man wearing suspenders or something lol).

but yes- each practice will be different and sometimes discouraging. the good part- you had a light as a feather practice- it will happen again :)

Tina said...

I too can relate and I find it so interesting that when we 'put it out there' when we feel this way only to have people come forward and say, 'yup--me too'.

This is our experience--we vary.

At least you notice--you're so intimately connected to your self that you notice when you shift from center.

Love.