Thursday, September 3, 2009

I am bad at blogging

I know that it's been a while since I posted, mostly because I'm living in a haze of work-yoga-wedding-prep-thank-you-card insanity. I have so much that I want to write about, so I think I'll just put it in point form:

- My sisters were here this weekend! I adore them.
- Two of my best friends and my sisters threw me a surprise wedding shower that involved delicious food, Apples to Apples, and belly dancing.
- Everyone is being so awesome about the wedding, and I am feeling really loved. 
- The staff that I have right now is probably one of the best that I've ever worked with. 
- They gave me a certificate for a pedicure/manicure for my wedding!
- It will be the first manicure and pedicure I've ever had!
- I am getting married in 9 days
- I am starting to feel really overwhelmed, even though I swore that I would make this as easy as possible.
- Some people that I really care about aren't able to make it (for super legitimate reasons!) and that's hard.
- Family politics are really tough.
- My wedding is going to be pretty small and intimate and I'm really excited! It will be full of people we love.
- I haven't had as much time for yoga lately, and my practice has definitely suffered.
- I tried my first hot class at a Moksha studio and I really liked it!
- I am doing a private class today with one my favourite teachers of all time. 
- I'm trying to justify the expense as a de-stress-wedding-gift-to-myself sort of thing.
- I am super tired and emotional these days.

That's all for now, my lovelies. Think good thoughts and enjoy the gorgeous weather!

3 comments:

Eco Yogini said...

wow- so much!! How fantastic that your sisters and friends threw you a surprise shower- YAY :)
family politics are hard, I'm sending you positive, healing, strength energy across a couple of provinces!

yay for a manicure and pedicure! I had my first one at the beginning of the summer and it was SUPER. I also had my first facial yesterday... and it was good but weird. lol.

I totally support a private yoga class to help with stress- completely legit. enjoy it! :)

It is going to be AWESOME!!! WOOT getting married!!!

Unknown said...

I was wondering what you'd been up to lately! Nice to see you again in the blogosphere. Though you have some very good reasons to not be posting. Sometimes you need to put the blog aside and just live life!

Good luck with all the wedding prep! Yay!

Annabellie said...

Eco-Yogini - thanks for the positive healing vibes - I will definitely need them in the next week or so! Although, like I said, most of my family and all of my friends are being super awesome right now. Yay getting married!

Re: the private class. I am actually super spoiled and work in a store that has a yoga studio above it, where I get to take as many free classes as I want. So I feel like paying for a private class every now and again is kind of like paying off my karmic yoga debt. Or something!

Roseanne - Thanks for the comment and good wishes! I'll keep ya'll posted on how the prep goes.